Thursday, November 14th, 2013 at
Content marketing is the theme for 2013. There has been a shift in the way consumers purchase products and interact with brands or businesses. The popularity of social networking took the marketing world by storm. Social networking is the reason why the marketing industry has changed.
– Consumers can see reviews, complaints, and suggestions all with a simple search or glance at their timeline.
– Consumers do not hesitate to tell friends and family about good or bad service. Word of mouth advertisement has always been huge but with social networking, telling your immediate friends and family has turned into telling your whole network.
-There are also many other businesses that target the same audience as you. That’s not a deal breaker, because if there is a demand for something that means people are buying and interested. You just need to stand out, by showcasing your personality and what makes you and your business unique. You want people to like you and trust you. If 3 people are selling the exact same chocolate bars, you have to figure out what approach will win the consumers business.
Content marketing has become a popular marketing technique because there is a lot of competition and the consumer has the ability to easily access data that can quickly influence their buying decision. As a business owner you have to set yourself apart from the crowd. Content marketing shows the consumer that you are in business to help them, you understand their needs and wants, you value any time they spend with your products or services, and you appreciate their loyalty to your brand. You are in the process of forming true relationships and not just trying to get a sale so, naturally you should say,“Thank you!” Show the consumer you appreciate them, even if they haven’t bought anything yet, they will soon.
I personally think many successful businesses have used some steps of the Content marketing approach for many years before it actually became the thing “thing to do.”
It seems like every Internet Marketer is rushing to take advantage of Content Marketing but don’t get discouraged if you don’t completely understand, I will help. It is not a new Internet trend; this is something you should get a full understanding of if you plan to be successful online. Content Marketing is a streamlined approach to a few different techniques that have been around for years.
1. Pick a niche market
2. Define your target audience
3. Start thinking like the consumer that is in the market for your products or services so you can offer solutions to their problems.
4. Use social networks to talk to and study the habits of the consumers in your target audience.
5. Find key people in your niche constantly and learn from them.
6. Offer free content to your target audience through the platform that agrees most with your product or services. Social networking, e-Books, webinars, blogs, articles, white papers, or newsletters are all platforms that you can use to reach out to your consumer.
7. Make sure all your content is conversational, engaging, and timely. Free is good but don’t just throw something together because it is free. It has to be something of value. The consumer will see right through any halfhearted attempts to offer free content that is junk or old material.
What are some of your Content marketing approaches for your online business?